Castle of Loch Ness

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bloodedge
    Aeon
    • Mar 2016
    • 14363

    #226
    It was funny that Guinevere would bring up the idea of poisoning here and now. Talking of preparing Japanese dishes, he knew of one particular example that could easily poison a person if not properly prepared. "I doubt she would. Just be careful if there's a Fugu equivalent in this world, and she tries to prepare it herself. I doubt she would, but... it seems like something that would eventually become a goal of hers," he said, recalling his own evolution as a chef. That particular fish was something of a crown, a writ of passage into chef adulthood, as it were. Sadly, that reputation came from just... not poisoning people when serving it. Ah, but speaking of poison, Arthur was apparently the one suffering from some sort. Monarchs of this world were not so spoiled as those he expected from their home planet? That was almost hilarious to think about. He'd grown up while watching a prime minister of ill-repute, and come to this world for his first example of a monarch to be one like Kolin. To think they were habitually hard workers in this world was strange, but then again... Guinevere was born and raised to rule. "That sounds like a dream, honestly. There's something refreshing about seeing people at the top work just as diligently as the people who would be considered grunts. My boss is like that, and so is my employer... who is not at all the same person, I should say. It's the sort of person I aspire to be, if I'm being honest. So then, Guinevere, surely you must be ready to take charge of Loch Ness?" he asked. This was of course a joke, meaning only to play at throwing all responsibilities into her experienced hands. Ah, but he didn't even consider that other implications could be made with such a query. . .

    The people of Loch Ness had a great deal of excitement about these blackberries, and Elyan was sharing that excitement. It was a stroke of good fortune that Emilia had a syrup prepared to allow his first test of the fruit in some way, and in fact... it was even better that it could be the topping to a cold dessert. "I certainly hope so," he said about blackberry being one of the better flavors. Given his existing preferences, Elyan doubted he could dislike it at all. As such, he took it in hand with a very positive outlook─ though not without scoffing at the idea that it would melt or cause him brain freeze. "I'll try not thinking that you just mistook me for someone frolicking about in the summer," he retorted. Nothing frozen would melt in his hands, and nothing could be cold enough to truly affect him. Ah, but there was once a time when Elyan himself could be called a 'summer child' of sorts. In youth, before his magical abilities awakened properly, he'd even been bedridden numerous times during cold-induced illness. Barring the whiteness of his hair in keeping with family lineage, it was once assumed that he was born of an affair due to the aversion to cold he suffered in his formative years. That aside though, he took the first bite of this shaved ice topped with blackberry syrup. It was definitely an interesting thing to strike the palate. Could it even be compared to conventional, store-bought blackberries from their home world? Not at all. "Goodness. Temperature aside, I'm somewhat glad we moved to Loch Ness─"

    Merlyn lost ten years from his outburst, did she? Well, Cador would be inspecting that quite thoroughly. He even paused his disrobing to take her by the face, checking for bags under her eyes and wrinkles upon her brow. When he was done, he chortled. "My my, if that's what ten years does to you, I'd like to know your secret. I daresay you may have even regressed in age since I was last granted the gift of seeing you without that bothersome cowl." Ah yes, it was both a blessing and a curse to deal with the hooded Merlyn. Cador had seen her enough times to have the image burned into his retinas permanently, and that veil of a shadow was almost a sin. Though he understood the necessity of keeping that sight from the world at large, he did always fancy a look or two underneath. Speaking of underneath... more than the cowl was removed, and yet, Merlyn made her way onto the bed without seeming very bed-ready at all. While his breeches were being unfastened, Cador gazed upon the succubus with a quirked brow and a general expression of... judgement. "Seriously? Merlyn, do you intend to use clothes in place of linen? I never thought I'd say this, but looking at you is making me feel uncomfortable by proxy," he said, simultaneously doing away with his trousers. Cador would be entering his bed as the gods intended: under cover and sans all but his undergarments. Merlyn, however, looked like some sort of psychopath who passed out after a night of binge-drinking.

    Comment

    • Apollymi
      Aeon
      • Mar 2016
      • 14419

      #227
      Apparently, Arthur doubted Emilia would poison anyone. That was good information, still, he told Guinevere to be wary of a particular kind of fish if it happened to exist in the world would be something to be avoided. Guinevere had never heard of it, but she doubted Emilia would serve anything without being certain of its safety. "Well any particular goals aside. I doubt she'd serve anything that would kill a person. She's far too dedicated to do anything like that..." she said of Emilia. That young woman had the implicit trust of many who'd be in Zuria, but none more than Guinevere and Elyan. Moving on from that, Arthur apparently knew of similar individuals to the decently raised royals of this world. Separately the person who employed him and the one who had direct dominion over him. Strange though that was, Guinevere could understand the situation, "Oh, so the one who employed you and the one you work for directly are different people. That is a bit strange considering the type of job you do. But I could get someone hiring a person to help out someone else," she said with a curt nod. "And making sure you don't become one of the lazy upper class types is probably also for the best, mad lazy rulers are far from what the world needs," she said softly. As for whether she was ready or not she to take over Loch Ness, Guinevere could only smile and shake her head from left to right. "I am far from ready to take over such a place~ I'd need at least a few years yet, I'm not exactly old enough to reign as it stands~" she explained as if that was at all anything more than a joking reason to decline reigning in any place. Even if she could she wouldn't have taken this place from Arthur. She aspired to raise a kingdom, but she didn't have to be the one in charge of it to do that... she could nurture it in different ways, like by offering her aid and wisdom to its rightful king.

      At the same time, Sir Elyan and Emilia were experiencing the greatness that was blackberry shaved ice. Having served them both, Emilia would watch as the lad had his first taste. He hoped it was good and had nothing but a bit of commentary to add to her statements about his eating of the treat. Oh? He hoped she wasn't implying he was some sort of summer child? Well, she would never do that! She remembered from his childhood all the associated issues he'd had with his initial winters. That didn't mean she wouldn't give the same advice always. "I would never mistake El for a summer child. But everyone's brain freezes. And I've seen you suffer more than one~" she said with her nose turned up in a joking way. She'd missed this lad quite a bit in the time that they'd been separated. Ah, but he had his first bite, and enjoyed it. Good. She'd go on to have one herself. Weather aside he liked this place and the blackberries that grew here. "Hm, it's even better on the ice!~" she claimed excitedly. "The weather here isn't so bad... not as cold as we would like, but, not unbearable..." the lass mentioned. "Still, I'm glad you like it... I was a bit worried about flavors and the like... I tried to go for a variety," she mentioned of her own choices.

      At the same time, Cador was joking with Merlyn. Oh, it looked like she'd regressed in age? Well that simply wasn't possible. She hadn't regressed at all... "Flattery will get you nowhere Sir Cador. Rather nowhere you haven't already been~" she chimed. Beyond this after finding herself in bed and uncomfortable, Cador was busy stripping down to his skivvies. Was that what was wrong? Merlyn soon sat up looking contemplative. "I don't know how to take that... I literally can't remember the last time I slept. I definitely haven't done so in this world..." she said a hand under her chin she took to thinking. 'How to sleep? Pajamas?... No. Underwear? Too sexy. Naked? No....' with every thought that passed her mind her outward appearance changed to accommodate the thought. But there was no comfort found this way. When the thought pajama's passed, her clothing changed into a silken set of periwinkle colored pajamas open over her navel with long pants for bottoms. She didn't feel comfortable. When they morphed to just underwear it was distinctly lacey and more like a negligee and she didn't like that either. She'd let all her clothes fall away but found that to be too close to naked for sex. Yeah, that didn't work. What... would she find more comfortable. She scoured her brain for several moments. Walking through the corridor of her memories, before thinking about the night. The night she'd ended up here, when she was awake way too late. She'd been sitting at her computer, cross-legged in a chair wearing.... nothing but an extra long man's t-shirt. Cotton, simple airy on the bottom because she wore no undergarments. Yeah... that would be perfect. Her outer appearance would take on this... shirt, with the stretched neck hanging off one of her shoulders, sleeves all the way down to her elbows. "I think this is better..." she managed her head falling onto the pillow as the length of that shirt stretched just gently over the swell of her hips. Nothing was revealed but still there was a hint of a tease there. Whatever the case, she was sure she could sleep this way.

      Comment

      • Bloodedge
        Aeon
        • Mar 2016
        • 14363

        #228
        True, it was more than unlikely that Emilia would bother serving something dangerous. He'd seen her in the kitchen, he'd seen what came out of the kitchen when she was cooking, and she wasn't the type to serve anything shy of perfection. Maybe she was a bit timid about it at times, but the end result was magnificent. "You're right. I wonder if she has the desire, though. I could train her, if she wants," he mused. One important thing needed a small explanation─ that being the difference between his boss and employer. It was something he imagined to be a rare situation, but with context, he didn't think it was very strange. "Well, yes. I work for a girl, but it was her father who hired me. They... both pay me; that's probably the weird part," Arthur explained, becoming less confident in the rationality of the situation as he spoke. Whatever the case, Guinevere rejected the notion of being put in charge of Loch Ness. How disappointing it was that he could no longer laze about and let someone else take over! No matter. Arthur was closer and closer to accepting his place as this land's king, if only because others seemed to want that. Sometimes, people just needed a figurehead for their own mental stability. He could be that, right? "I disagree. You talked me out of my room, and I'll have you know I'm actually quite stubborn at times. Besides, I imagine ruling over a harsh land like Zuria would be much more difficult than an on-the-rise place like this."

        El. Ah yes, that was what he'd always been called, wasn't it? While it was nice to hear that version of his name, he could have gone without the attached mention of age-old brain freezes that he was definitely done with years ago! Elyan's brow furrowed as he indignantly shoved a larger bite into his mouth. He wasn't pouting; no, not at all! "Shut up! I'll have you know I haven't had anything like that in─" zero seconds. Indeed, that should have been the end of his statement, as the ice touched his teeth while he spoke, triggering the very brain freeze he claimed couldn't exist. Maybe he could just talk past it? Ah yes, of course he could! "Y-years! I'd never suffer f-from... the cold." What a shame. Elyan had every resistance to the cold at his current age... except within the confines of his mouth. "Ahem. There is no reason to worry about the flavors. You have a better palate than anyone I've ever met, for whatever it's worth."

        Apparently, Cador could get nowhere new with flattery. As if that would matter. Perhaps he would flatter for no reason at all, or perhaps he would flatter himself back into a desirable place. "Merlyn, Merlyn, Merlyn. Of all the places I've been in this life, there are very few that I have no desire to return to. Among the great number of exceptions, there are just as few places I would very much like flattering myself back into~" he chirped. It seemed Merlyn had no memory of sleeping and the comfort meant to accompany it. Cador watched as she shuffled through a series of clothing options. Pajamas had an innocence to them, and were no less appealing on Merlyn than her normal attire. That was an acceptable sleeping attire, albeit not to Merlyn's choice as it seemed. Next came a form of lingerie, which of course made Cador wonder how exactly she intended to fall asleep. Did she have some desire to experience the ultimate sleep acquired by humans, post-coitus and losing consciousness as one's heartbeat and lung pace returned to normal? Her next choice did nothing to discredit this thought, as her clothes were banished entirely. "Merlyn, you─" He was cut off by the final shift, which consisted of a single shirt cascading over curves─ a more 'homey' way of getting a rise out of the man. How much of this was for the sake of comfort, he wondered before sighing. "─are certainly an interesting one," he concluded at last, though in a way he hadn't originally intended to complete the clause. Well... it could be presumed that sleep was the actual intention here, at the very least. It seemed Cador would just be discarding his consciousness whilst being quite erect. . .

        Comment

        • Apollymi
          Aeon
          • Mar 2016
          • 14419

          #229
          Arthur and Guinevere remained hand in hand, conversing about random matters in life, not the last of which was Emilia and her love of cooking. A smile spread across Guinevere's face she'd been friends with that girl for more than half her life, if she thought she could learn extra things from Arthur she would no doubt take him up on his offer. "For as long as I've known her she's been very interested in cooking. Emilia had spent a great amount of time alone before she came to Zuria and she once told me that being there made her happy because she missed cooking for others," she said of the lass and her general attitude. "I'm sure she would take you up on such an offer, Arthur..." she said candidly. Moving on from that, there were the many oddities surrounding this young man's former work experience. His boss was a teenaged girl, he was the other world's equivalent of a man servant and somehow he was on both his boss' payroll and her father's, how interesting. "Hm, from what I've seen in the way this world works, her father is likely paying you for a different reason from the girl herself. It wouldn't be entirely strange if the two consider your job very different from their own perspectives. I wouldn't worry too much about it," she said giving a gentle nod. Her own father had hired Nerys to live and work in the castle, long before she'd been born. And when her mother and father became a proper couple and had their children, Nerys was paid separately by her to give magic lessons to them as well as for their physical care. It wasn't entirely uncommon as a set up. Still, Arthur claimed she would have an easy time ruling over a place like this, compared to her home. She disagreed but that was fine. "Hm, I don't know if I would say it would be easier. Zuria was established already, I was born princess with the respect of the people as I grew older. I have no such stake here... aside from the difference in climate. And figuring out how you work as a person, I would say I am probably only the fourth or fifth most qualified to rule. As such... I will continue to keep you on your toes and help you out if you need it," she claimed with surety in her smile.

          Emilia and Elyan were together in the kitchens consuming shaved ice. To be fair, Emilia felt more comfortable in the kitchen than anywhere else... and right here, with Elyan's antics back to their usual full display she felt at ease. What was he doing now? Griping about how he wouldn't or couldn't at all get a brain freeze. But she could see it plainly across his furrowed brow and the sudden stop in his speech. He'd literally just experienced one and was trying to talk himself through it. "Years until you bit directly into ice, hm?" she teased gently. She was sure he never suffered from the cold any more but that wouldn't stop her from speaking to him the way she was. "I wouldn't say you suffer no, but there is nothing wrong with experiencing it," she claimed as she reached out with a still warm hand to place against his temples as she had frequently when he was a child. And what was this, she apparently didn't have to worry about the flavors, she had the best palate he knew of?! Her eyes widened in shock, "That's a pretty big compliment..." she said softly. How strange it was to catch up in this way...

          Three utterances of Merlyn's name once again left the mouth of Sir Cador. She was fairly certain she'd once told him that saying her name like that would cause him some form of unexpected occurance. Ah, but she couldn't at all dislike it, even as she tried to figure out how to get comfortable for bed. "I might have changed my mind, flattery like that will almost always get you somewhere with me~" she said after his chirped words. He was flirting quite a bit, but that was standard among their conversations, sometimes obviously, sometimes... only with hints and teases thrown around. What was more, he claimed her interesting after watching her seek comfort and find it, in the form of a large t-shirt. A little smirk appeared on her face as she rolled her body into a slightly more comfortable position. Snuggled up Sir Cador as if he was a human pillow. "I am not really all that interesting, Sir Cador..." she claimed as those glowing eyes of hers closed. She laid her head on his chest, snaked her leg around his and listened to the gentle beating of his heart. And eventually, those breaths of hers would slow and the constant buzzing of her mind would slow to a gentle hum... what would she find upon her mind finally wandering into its dream state?

          Comment

          • Bloodedge
            Aeon
            • Mar 2016
            • 14363

            #230
            "I can tell," Arthur said in regards to Emilia's obvious love of cooking. "Even though she got a little flustered before, that satisfaction of finishing a dish and doing it well... Nothing can mimic that," he concluded. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Emilia was, or could have been, someone who cooked as a profession in her original life. Ah, but they were doing a lot of discussing about the half-elf. They were on a walk, taking in the sights of a developing kingdom, discussing matters of leadership in a somewhat joking manner, and... holding hands. Ah. Arthur came to realize that last fact at last, if only because he thought to move his hand and point out an interesting development just beyond the courtyard. His hand did little more than twitch before he realized it was grasping Guinevere's. What should he do? Should he let go? Was she unawares, just as he was? Likely not, but... there had been a fair bit of flirtation between them. Surely it would be fine if he just... pretended he didn't notice anything. Ah, but it was far too late for that; there was red creeping up his neck, even as he attempted to act casual. "If you insist, I suppose I'll be thankful for the guidance. Fourth or fifth most qualified, though? That doesn't sound reasonable at all. Your description of a queen before was perfect, so I'm sure your morals are in the right place. Who do you think possibly places above you?"

            Years until Elyan bit directly into ice indeed. Regardless, he didn't need her blabbering on about the situation! Who the hell did she think she was? He'd have swatted that intrusive hand of hers away if it wasn't actually helping. Even while leaving it in place, however, he wasn't going to be pleased about it at all. "Che! As if I need to be treated like a child by the likes of you," he griped. And to think, he'd even gone out of his way to compliment her culinary choices─ which she would go on to acknowledge as if she weren't patronizing him unnecessarily. Finally, Elyan jerked away and turned up his nose. "It's just an observation. Don't read into it," was the male's retort.

            Oh? There was another speck of new information coming Cador's way. Apparently, he could always get somewhere with Merlyn by means of flattery. That was... good to know, at the very least. He'd definitely make use of that in the future. "Duly noted, Merlyn. Perhaps I'll charm my way into your dream next time," he quipped. Briefly, Cador wondered if succubi even had dreams of their own. Oh well; that wasn't for him to know. What was for him to know, was the counterargument to Merlyn being a 'not so interesting' individual as she claimed, oddly while she was settling into his torso and even locking him in place with her leg. All Cador could do physically, was settle in as well. His back to the mattress, he hooked an arm around the sorceress' upper torso, aiming downward until his hand settled atop her side. "It's alright, Merlyn. Everyone makes mistakes," he said, disregarding Merlyn's opinion on the matter. With that, Cador let his own eyes close to welcome the sweet embrace of sleep.

            What would Merlyn find in the world of dreams? She'd find... herself, in a way. Male, grinning ear to ear, yet looking almost mockingly exhausted from a very long journey. "Do you..." That voice remained cryptic, somewhat raspy as it emerged from the hooded figure of Merlyn's male counterpart. He hesitated as well, seemingly for nothing more than dramatic effect. What were the theatrics for? Well, no one. "Have any idea how ridiculous it is to go thousands of years without sleeping? Because you refused to sleep for so very long, I had to walk here on this plane. Can you imagine walking for millennia? Shame on you for making me exert so much energy... Junko."

            Comment

            • Apollymi
              Aeon
              • Mar 2016
              • 14419

              #231
              Arthur was a good judge of people. He saw through Emilia's love of cooking past her gentle flustering. "Yeah, she is prone to that... I'm sure before she got here she was pretty young, she still has that youth a lot of people are missing," she said of the girl's personality. Emilia flustered but she bounced right back, that was the good part about being young. Of course, it went without saying that Guinevere was quite happy about the day she was having. Arthur out of his room, lunch in the sacred grove, walking around in the kingdom, having joking conversations... this was well worth the fun of the moment. Holding on to the lad's hand was indeed something she'd noticed, but she was just mischievous enough to want to wait out making him a bit uncomfortable. Ah, but would he be? That red tint to his face said yes. Ah, what was more, he claimed that he was thankful for the help she'd provide but questioned her being so low on her own list of qualified individuals. She had reasons for this, but they were kind of long winded. "Well, I am happy to help. As for my own placement, I am young and relatively inexperienced... I am also not yet over what this world has done to me. Objectively, I am not close enough to my own ideal to feel comfortable ruling," she explained of why she thought herself a bit lower on the list than most. "Sir Cador would be qualified before me, his own past says he is perfectly capable of such things, though it may not be my place to tell that story," she said. Sir Cador had been King of Cornwall when she was young, she'd met him the first time as such... she'd seen no better rulers than him and held him in the same esteem as she had her own father. "There is also Lady Merlyn, though her own personality says she wouldn't take it, that same personality would make her a reasonable ruler. Though a bit lofty given how she is..." she explained of her secondary choice. Merlyn in her own mind had the quick wit and apt decision making skills necessary to rule, whether she believed that herself or not. "Sir Hector also doesn't seem like he'd take it, but I'd trust his sense of justice over most others, he'd lead a fair Kingdom if he wished to," Guinevere explained. "After those three I'd place myself," she said aptly. "I'd possibly be fifth, because I see you as the best possible choice, Arthur. You have something the rest of us currently lack..." she explained gently, feeling it to be the most honest form of explanation.

              At the same time, Elyan's words following his brain freeze were exactly what Emilia was expecting. Actually, even as a small child he'd been like that, definitely the sibling of Guinevere, so full of spunk and just a little spite. He seemed like he was incapable of being directly nice all the time. Though as a knight he managed general civility well, this little bite to his personality was natural and much more appreciated. "Oh? I'm pretty sure I should respond..." she gave a joking pause as he pulled away from her attention as he always did. "You're welcome, El~" she said finding his griping to be about normal for him. It was nice when things weren't always shifting about, even after what they'd already been through. Still he refused to take responsibility for his words towards her. He claimed that his words were just an observation. "Thank you..." she mentioned with a smile on her face. Yes, this is what she did to him, when he was acting as he was right now.

              Merlyn was trying her hand at sleeping for the first time since she'd come to this world. "Well fine, just let me test them first, wouldn't want you walking into anything too strange~" she mused at the man's words. She'd invite him into her dreams, if she had dreams. She wasn't actually sure what her dreams would entail, but if they were safe, she could easily invite him along. Still, according to the man everyone made mistakes, apparently hers was believing she wasn't that interesting. "Everyone does~" she chimed, but soon enough she'd find sleep and upon waking in the world of her dreams?

              Oh. She was standing now across from a figure she found rather familiar. Beyond the shape the voice that came was one she definitely knew. A dramatic pause ensued. What sort of ridiculous thing was about to come out of this man's mouth? Well, it didn't really matter, her own grin was spread quite wide as she stood across from him with her own huge grin, hidden behind her hood. Of course, it'd only falter when words which chastised came straight into her. "Excuse me?!" she exclaimed. "I know you aren't questioning my life choices. What reason did I have to sleep hm? I wasn't tired, I'm never tired. Nor do I have any inclination to be alone with my thoughts," she proclaimed. How dare he take such a tone with her. "Besides, you deserve to walk. Abandoning me alone in this world. Leaving me to clean up your mess... Shame on you! Junichi!" Ah, this was about to be a stand off. Still there was a gentle pulsing in her chest, and a smile spreading across her still sleeping face. He was actually here.

              Comment

              • Bloodedge
                Aeon
                • Mar 2016
                • 14363

                #232
                Guinevere's reason for placing herself so low on the list of potential rulers, was... the most ludicrous thing she could have come up with. Sir Cador was previously a king, sure. Merlyn, for all the issues Arthur personally had with her from time to time, had the mental capacity to successfully lead... if she cared to do much of anything. Sir Hector, while boasting infinite honor, did not seem likely to take charge of anything. If nothing else, there was only one acceptable reason Guinevere could be deemed unfit. "I'll accept just one thing there. If you haven't gotten over what's happened to you, you shouldn't have so much responsibility on your shoulders. As for being young and inexperienced, though, you're still a couple of decades worth ahead of me. Besides, I think everything you just said is even more reason to believe in you as a ruler. Switch places with me on that list, and it'll all make sense. I've got no idea what I could have over the rest of you, except a name and a legacy. You're the one with the grit to mobilize people and make them believe in you."

                Elyan had come under fire, as he always had and always would. He was welcome? He wasn't giving thanks for being treated like some warm weather toddler! "I don't remember thanking you for anything, Emi," he scoffed. This wasn't going to work on him this time. Gone were the days of her having any sort of effect on him and picking at his weaknesses. She was once the elder, boasting every ability to dominate their conversations. Never again, he decided. Luckily for her, she decided to offer him thanks for the compliment... or rather, the observation as Elyan claimed. "That's better. I am a knight; you should be mindful of that." Once more, Elyan turned up his nose─ this time in the other direction. "But... I suppose you are welcome regardless. I'll make some exceptions to etiquette for you," he said finally.

                Merlyn may have expected something ridiculous to leave her counterpart's mouth, but did she expect what she received? Likely not, based on her reaction. "Oh, it's fine. You're excused!" the male Merlin said with a nonchalant wave of the hand. Her question about her own sleep would not be left alone, of course. "It's my job to question your life choices, hello? Just because you're not tired, you go thousands of years without sleep? Let your mind and body rest for once, Koko. It'll do you the world of good~" he insisted. This Merlin wasn't accepting any shame, any blame, or anything she had to throw at him really. "I didn't abandon you anywhere; you're just rude. I waited ages for you to show up, you finally come to town, and then you don't visit your dear old brother? I haven't even left a single mess for you to clean up, yet here you are making me hunt you down through impossible conditions. Tisk, tisk~"

                Comment

                • Apollymi
                  Aeon
                  • Mar 2016
                  • 14419

                  #233
                  Oh? Arthur claimed to only accept one thing from her explanation. The fact that the trauma she suffered was something she'd rather not experience again immediately. Well, that was all fair, but the idea that he didn't know what it was about himself that was found likeable by everyone else. She couldn't help but chuckle and shake her head. "I was simply explaining why I would choose to follow one of them instead of leading myself. Even in not the situation of leading I would have easily found myself in the company of any of them, if we'd actually managed to break away from the situation in Zuria at all," she said carefully. "Besides Arthur you aren't giving yourself enough credit," she stated plainly. "No one really cares about your legacy or your name... it's about you, managing to be relatively untainted by living in this world. You're still so much yourself and you still manage to want to take care of everyone else. Even without claiming you wish to be king, you'd rather feed the masses. These are traits most admirable and earnest. It's a light we could all use..." she said with a soft smile. "And one I find myself personally enjoying and wanting to nurture," she explained of her personal opinion. He didn't necessarily have to understand. The one thing he had over all other candidates was managing to not let the world completely bog him down.

                  Emilia had the most pointed comeback for Sir Elyan yet. She had nothing but a huge grin on her face, "I know you don't remember El. It's probably because of the brain freeze. Don't worry, I took the liberty of translating~" she offered with a smile as she shoved a spoonful of shaved ice into her mouth. It really was good as a treat, but more than that, it was fun to enjoy in Elyan's company. What was more he seemed to push off the compliment he'd given as if it was an observation and even turned his nose up claiming his position as a knight and how far he'd come. "Oh, don't worry Sir El~ I'd never forget, but I thank you for your consideration~" she said giving a little mock curtsy. She was content to eat more and continue talking to the lad she was with. It'd been so long since they'd last talk, her earlier worries were all but forgotten now.

                  How absurd. Her twin brother chose to simply say she was excused. She wasn't asking to be excused. She was telling him of her outrage. Surely he knew that. "What kind of nonsense is that?! You're the last person to be questioning my life decisions, I happen to know why you don't exist here like normal, comparatively... you're the one I should be questioning," she said with her nose up in the air, her arms crossing over her chest as if she was upset. Hm, this was strange. The last time she'd felt so cross her chest had been much larger. Now she could actually look cross doing it. Nice. "Besides... after being alive thousands of years, and awake for that same amount of time... I couldn't just go to sleep. What would my dreams even be like?" she said those magenta eyes of hers shifting to the side. He didn't understand she'd been far too close to despair for far too long to even consider sleep an option. "Also you sound like my Emotional Support Knight, and you managed to scare the life out of poor Emilia," she said as snidely as a bratty younger sister could. "And I am not rude. The Whore of Babylon is a big enough mess to make me question every single one of you involved with her fall..." she said cutting her eyes at him. How any of them thought releasing that beast upon the lower world was anywhere near a good idea, she had no idea. "I had no idea how to find you. How was I to know sleep would allow me to see you, Ichi-nii..." she'd already soften by voice alone. This was far too much. Her heart was pounding fast in her chest and she was relieved and happy, and sad and well everything all at once.

                  Comment

                  • Bloodedge
                    Aeon
                    • Mar 2016
                    • 14363

                    #234
                    "And I think they would just as easily follow you, instead of taking over themselves. That much can definitely be said about Sir Cador, and I'd like to believe the same about Sir Hector. Merlyn... Well, Merlyn is Merlyn." It seemed they could maintain a casual conversation during this walk around the castle, even as citizens of Loch Ness periodically stared and whispered amongst themselves. This scene looked like far more than it was. Or... perhaps it looked exactly as it should? Arthur couldn't tell, and Guinevere had sent just the wrong level of every 'right' message in the book. "I would also follow you. Staying myself doesn't mean anything if I can't help others get back to themselves as well. Since you refuse to take my place, I guess you'll have to pay the price of being my first test subject. I won't be gentle, so prepare yourself~" he proclaimed. She claimed a desire to nurture his light? Very well; the cost would be forceful exposure to its radiation.

                    Speaking of forceful, that was about a proper description for Elyan presently shoving additional ice into his mouth. At this point, he was angrily pushing beyond additional brain freeze, just to avoid Emilia's behavior as much as humanly possible. She really was an annoyance; why did he put up with her being this way? Well, it was a source of entertainment─ yes! Yes, that had to be it. There was certainly nothing more to it than that. Moreover, it seemed she was at least conscious of his status and the reverence she should show now that he was older. "Well, you seem to have gotten over the night terror quite nicely. I guess this is better than watching you scream and sweat for the rest of the night," he stated flippantly.

                    Merlyn knew of Merlin's seal. Of course she did; he was fully aware of all she'd come to know, and he always had been. "I'm the only one fit to question you. Everything you've ever done, and everything you ever will do... I've been watching. From the cathedral all the way to the Pandorica opening, and everything beyond─ I've seen your journey as if it were my own. Haven't you figured out how our Clairvoyance works? What you see, you see because I've already seen it through you... or through myself. My guess is that it works both ways, but who's to know? I've been stuck here in this tower," he explained of the strange situation between them. As for what Merlyn's dreams would be like, he didn't know; he couldn't know. "Don't underestimate your ability, Koko. When you sleep, this is where you arrive: Avalon. You are free to toy with it just as you toy with the dreams of others, with even less restrictions. This is also where we can talk, as if we enter each other's dream. Oh, and there's no need to question anyone's involvement with the goddess Ishtar. I'm sure everything will be fine after her next ascension~" he teased. Merlin had undergone some interesting development in his time within this world. He knew things his sister did not, saw things she currently could not, simply because she would eventually see them with her own eyes. The identity of Ishtar in the lower world was something he'd always known, but... he also knew what would become of the situation surrounding her. That, however, was not information to be shared with those who could not also see. "You spend too much time worrying, Koko. You'll wrinkle our beautiful face in a few more centuries if you keep at it. I know your journey has been a long one, and I know it's not nearly over. It will all be worthwhile in the end; trust me." Interestingly enough, Merlin still hadn't gotten around to why he brought her to this plane. . .

                    Comment

                    • Apollymi
                      Aeon
                      • Mar 2016
                      • 14419

                      #235
                      Arthur believed those listed would simply follow her instead of allowing Guinevere to follow them. Well, what she knew of the Knights would have made that true at least. Both Sir Cador and Sir Hector likely would have taken to following her as their leader. Not that she would have easily accepted such a position. It was worth noting that he had nothing truly constructive to say about Merlyn, but their working relationship was a strange one. "Merlyn is indeed Merlyn, haha~ Those are very kind thoughts I don't necessarily disagree with. I was simply giving the layout from my own perspective," she said. She figured if there wasn't another option she'd likely have been on the chopping block for looking after the place they all lived. She might have even taken over the duties of it simply because it felt natural to do, but that didn't mean she would have accepted her returned status as a Princess. What was this, Arthur didn't see the usefulness in staying himself if he couldn't help others return to themselves also? Well, that was interesting, "That sounds like a small price to pay, to have a hand in building that future. So, as you like Arthur~" she said with a small smirk appearing on her face. Were they likely sending the complete wrong message to the people of Loch Ness? Yes. But that didn't matter, it was good for them to spend a few moments at least, as normally as possible.

                      The forceful eating of Elyan didn't go unnoticed by Emilia, but she figured she'd upset the lad enough for a single day. Even if she knew his inner temple to be burning with the frozen bit of his brain. Poor lad, he'd be fine right? Perhaps she'd babied him a bit too much before the fall of Zuria? No. Emilia wouldn't let herself be anything but pleased by how she treated Elyan. He was after all, one of the most precious people to her. What was this? He noted that she'd gotten over her fright? Well, there wasn't much she should be saying to that, "There isn't any need to worry El. I'm fine now... between Merlyn's assurances, your company and shaved ice, I am pretty much completely recovered," she mentioned with a smile on her face. She didn't need the lad worrying about her, though she realized he'd done it already. Emilia was more than willing to let the rest slide into non-existence.

                      Merlin claimed to be the only one able to properly question Merlyn. He had been watching, everything she'd done already and everything she'd ever do? "Well that is about the creepiest thing I've ever heard, even from you Ichi-nii," she said with her eyes shifting to the side. He definitely shouldn't be watching her, she'd been very busy since discovering her new knights. And while they were both aware of what they were, she didn't like the idea of his eyes being turned in her direction while she was seeking that sort of amusement. "And no, I had no idea how the Clairvoyance works, though now that you're saying that... I assume I know what I know, because you know it, except for the things I make actual decisions about which I have to live through first..." she expressed her own disbelief. Whatever the case, she was alerted to the fact that she'd be sent to Avalon whenever she went to sleep and that she could manipulate it as she saw fit, the same way she did with the dreams of others. He further teased information, regarding the goddess Ishtar and another ascension. "Ugh, I have no idea what a Pandorica is, and the idea of that thing getting another ascension gives me anxiety," she claimed. She figured such a thing would happen. For every horrible woman in the world, there was some idiot man or set of men willing to help her along even at the cost of others. As disgusting as it was, everyone who did such things of their own accord, deserved the most supreme form of justice to be applied to their lives thereafter. Merlyn was still worrying again though, the corners of her magenta eyes narrowed that was another thing she was going to have to deal with wasn't it? Her journey wasn't over yet? How much did she really need to do? Something about this was uniquely unfair. And now her brother was claiming she worried too much. "If my face hasn't wrinkled in millennia nothing is going to happen to it now," she snapped at the man. Nothing would make her properly relax, while there was so much to do. Still he claimed it would all be worth it in the end. She simply needed to take his word for it. "Well, you know more than I do in this case, but that isn't going to stop me from worrying about things while I am the one dealing with them, and you already know that..." she said. Then she took a deep breath. She'd promised a certain set of Knights that she would try to be more human and less worried. "Fine fine, I'll trust you... but I'm still cross. But is that really it, did you seek me out directly just to drop a few spoilers and tell me not to worry?"

                      Comment

                      • Bloodedge
                        Aeon
                        • Mar 2016
                        • 14363

                        #236
                        "And I was simply disagreeing with your entire perspective. If you were to rule, Guin, I would support you all the way. I also wouldn't take anyone else as my support if I had to choose from anyone here. Whether it's as a queen or an advisor, I'll take your aid," Arthur clarified. He was not at all opposed to the idea of taking Guinevere as his queen, nor was he opposed to settling for an advisor of some sort. There was a preferred outcome, of course, but maybe that was just a thing of the moment. Arthur would learn over time if it was or wasn't, but for now, he was content to go with the flow. He was also content to push something else, though, and that was the restored humanity of those who were around him. Guinevere was the perfect one to start with, being the one Arthur viewed as most affected by previous events. "You say it's a small price now. Remember that when you're overwhelmed later." Perhaps Arthur should have once again considered the additional implications of things he was saying. Well... one day, he'd properly think about things before they fell out of his mouth. As of yet though, it hadn't become a necessity.

                        Emilia was fine. In the end, that was among the most important things one could find on Sir Elyan's list, whether he admitted it or not. The male was finishing his shaved ice as if unconcerned by everything else, though there was a hint of relief in his eye. "Good," was all he said. Eye contact was not something Elyan would maintain at the time; he'd probably have some unfavorable reaction otherwise. In spite of his behavior however, there was something else he had to add. "Next time, be better prepared to deal with someone barging into your room. You were completely out of sorts when I showed up. I'm surprised you were even clothed."

                        Merlyn had no idea how much creepier things really were. Her male counterpart saw everything she did, but it was not by choice that he did so. He saw because she did─ nothing more, and nothing less. "Is it? I'm the one having to watch you lay with men that I have no interest in. You could at least hang a few mirrors and spend more time looking at yourself," the male Merlin insisted as if his suggestion would solve all issues. In fact, it would have helped his situation quite a bit. "And yes, that is its function. Because I am here in this tower, I can see all things happening throughout history in the world. Because I am always here, I can see everything from all time. The few things I can't see, I know because you will eventually see." Merlyn didn't know about the Pandorica, giving Merlin a better idea of where she was in time. She'd know soon enough, he thought. More importantly was the fact that she would worry regardless of what he said. He knew that; he was still responsible for telling her to do otherwise. The same could be said of the wrinkles they still didn't have. "You'll get them; mark my words. With my luck though, I'll get them first. Anyway, at least save your concerns for what I actually called you over for. Firstly, Koko... you should learn our name. Our real name as the great sorcerer. Secondly, you will soon need to find the one called Nimue; one of the people you cannot see."

                        Comment

                        • Apollymi
                          Aeon
                          • Mar 2016
                          • 14419

                          #237
                          As always the future king had very interesting things to say to Guinevere. He claimed that he would follow her and that he'd take no one else, as his advisor or his queen. Maybe he didn't realize the gravity of the way he'd spoken that sentence. He was prone to glazing over the way he spoke quite often. She was fine with that though, Guinevere had already mentioned that she didn't much care one way or the other about the lore surrounding them. She'd rather explore them as they would, no extras involved. "That is some pretty high praise. Having your support would be a great thing but I don't mind supporting you instead," she said with a knowing smile. She had no problem being the one to support Arthur, even while he figured out what it was he wanted out of this version of his life. Arthur's final words to Guinevere in this moment were a warning of sorts, she would only think it was a small price to pay now, and to remember she'd said this when she was overwhelmed. A chuckle left the white haired lass as she couldn't help letting a bit of that impish nature of hers leak out. "Oh my, I don't know whether I should take that as some sort of threat or if you're actively flirting with me, Arthur~" she stated while giving his hand a gentle squeeze to remind him of the positions they currently held. Was that a bit teasing? Yes, but how could she not take advantage of such things if he presented them so easily?

                          During this moment, Emilia was happily eating blackberry flavored shaved ice, and relaxing in Elyan's company. Still there was a simple moment of eye contact where she explained that she was now, no worse for where and the lad seemed, relieved? A small smile spread across the white haired lass' face as she considered something important. Poor Elyan had grown into trying to maintain a certain icy exterior. Even so, he was truly a kind soul and he cared whether he managed to say so or not. "Sorry for worrying you~" she added in a light manner. Of course, this simple statement wouldn't be all. The lad had some commentary about her state when she'd been found. Her eyes widened and she managed to seem genuinely shocked. "What?! I couldn't have been more prepared if I was actually awake. How about I come wake you up from a deep sleep and we see how prepared you are to have guests in your room?" she questioned. "Besides, it wasn't like I'd turned in for the night. People don't strip down for naps or anything..." she said with a roll of her eyes. Obviously she was slightly embarrassed by how she'd been found today. Only fear didn't leave her completely flustered at having her room entered so randomly. That much was made absolutely clear, by the red tint at the tips of her elfin ears.

                          Apparently, Merlyn's thoughts about her brother's invasiveness weren't at all unfounded. He claimed to be able to see her laying with men, and insisted that she should hang a few mirrors and look at herself more often. "First, I'm not interested in women... so there isn't much I can do about that," she said reasonably. "And to be honest I'm not that interested in looking at myself either, though I'll take it under advisement since I'm not switching the team I play for just so you can have something to watch," she said as if it was perfectly normal. This was likely a strangeness associated with how close they were as siblings. It almost didn't seem odd at all that they could be looking at each other mid-coitus, but they did share a face... that probably helped a lot. Strange as their sibling bond was, his brand of Clairvoyance was equally strange. "Eh? Ichi-nii that is taking voyeurism to a world level," she said as if it was the most normal response to the information he granted. Still he was quite set on the idea she'd get wrinkles and that she shouldn't worry too much because he'd actually called her here for a reason. "You'd deserve to get the wrinkles," she said still slightly cross. Oh but she had things to do, to find out their true name, that sounded like a pain. "Oh? I have to found out our true name? And where would I get actual information on our age old selves?" she asked as if it was a perfectly normal thing to do. "And and... most importantly, how do you think I am going to find someone you know I can't see?" she exclaimed exasperated. She didn't want to see her twin for the first time in thousands of years, just to have him hand her tasks that she'd find beyond annoying.

                          Comment

                          • Bloodedge
                            Aeon
                            • Mar 2016
                            • 14363

                            #238
                            Arthur would take the support of Guinevere first and foremost, while of course still accepting the aid of all others in Loch Ness. He'd become quite sold on the idea of becoming king, but he was destined for the impossible goal of pleasing everyone. In offering her assistance, Guinevere had her work cut out for her because of this fault. Oh well; she deserved as much for being so very teasing, such as the upcoming moment in which she questioned the intentions behind his previous statement. Ah. He hadn't considered that point of view for the line. Now that he thought about it, it was made even worse with what he had to say just before that. He wouldn't be gentle, and she'd be overwhelmed? Why didn't he catch these things before they came back to bite him in the arse? Well... maybe it was more a nibble than a bite. Flustered though he was by being called out, Arthur chose to take advantage. "You should take it however you like," he said, his brain catching up immediately afterwards this time. That one wasn't the way either, was it? "O-or... both! Yes, both; of course I meant both from the start!"

                            An apology was the next thing escaping Emilia's mouth. Keeping with his public demeanor, Elyan scoffed again. "I never said I was worried. It is my duty as a knight to protect someone in danger," he said in partial truth. Sure, he would have leapt out to aid anyone he thought was in danger... albeit not with so much fervor as he did today. With that said, he was moving right on to the next clause. Emilia said she was prepared, but her behavior upon his entry begged to differ. Had it been him, however, things would have been very different. "If it were me, I would have been wearing nothing. It may not be unbearable here, but it is far warmer than Zuria. I should judge you just as much for being fully clothed in these mild temperatures!" Elyan wasn't even arguing in a specific direction; one could say he was griping for the hell of it at this point. "What, are you some madwoman who sleeps for the night fully clothed as well?"

                            Of course Merlyn wasn't so interested in looking at herself. Between the two of them, he had always been the more self-centered one. He'd watch her being railed by some random men all day, before he even considered seeing the same scene from the other angle. Why? Well, they were twins. He would bed himself if it were possible, so watching her was no different at all. He'd even do the ploughing if it were necessary for whatever reason. Alas, it was unlikely he would receive a proper victory in this exchange; one could only expect something to hope for in the end. Speaking of hope, that was about all he could leave Merlyn with when it came to discovering their proper shared name. No one in this world knew it, bar one person. "You'll find our name about as easily as I'll find something other than men's pelvises to look at, I'm afraid. I am not capable of saying it here. You will have to look into our roots to find the pieces. No rush there. Besides, it may be the Druids you wish to find. Nimue is a Druidic name, after all~"

                            Comment

                            • Apollymi
                              Aeon
                              • Mar 2016
                              • 14419

                              #239
                              Arthur found himself obviously flustered and Guinevere found herself more than easily amused. It was a strange thing, but this was a fairly normal interaction after living in fear of any interaction with a person of the opposite gender ending in a death sentence for someone. As such she'd find herself aiming to enjoy the moment, even if it was... at Arthur's expense. So, what did he make of her statement? Guinevere was apparently allowed to take his words as she liked. "Oh?" she questioned ready to go into more of a rant but Arthur had an immediate follow-up. He claimed she should take it both ways, and that he'd always meant it as both. Given what she knew of this lad's base personality, she could almost imagine him trying hard to not sound like a creeper and then to still be a bit flirty. It was a worthwhile effort at least, "Tehetehetehe!~" the lass giggled. "There you are! You're definitely getting better at this normal thing~" she said with a knowing smirk spreading across her face.

                              According to Elyan he'd never said he was worried. Of course he hadn't said it, he'd never actually say something like that... Emilia had known him most of his growing years. She'd learned to interpret his actions and words a bit more acutely than his public persona would let most people. "Oh? Of course, how silly of me... the honorable Sir Elyan was definitely just doing his duty~" she said gently, though obviously there was a bit of snark involved. Moving on from that, Emilia was given some very interesting information about how Elyan chose to sleep. "Wow, really? It was like the middle of the day... isn't that extreme?!" she exclaimed, her own face reddened. She wouldn't admit, that she'd actually been intending to shed at least a few layers before falling asleep. She had just happened to have gotten a bit too comfortable in her beanbag chair and had fallen asleep because she was both warm and full. "Of course, I'm not some madwoman who sleeps as such, I still spent decades alone in the Elior Forest... I still prefer the cold, and I don't sleep fully clothed," she explained of herself. Well the Elior Forest was known by most as the Forest of the Black Lake, but that was after some other things had happened around it. Still, what a pointed and telling statement. Well, at least Guinevere wasn't here to pick at the point she'd just made, imagine how embarrassing that would be, especially after Emilia had given her such a hard time about Arthur.

                              Merlyn on the other hand was having a strange heart to heart with her brother. She fully acknowledged that he was quite the self-centered individual. He also sung the praises of their shared looks in a way that probably seemed strange to outsiders in their previous life. Even so, she couldn't have been happier to see him, and she couldn't have explained why she was so pleased even while the bickered and argued over the smallest things. Those things, currently included, men's pelvises and her search for someone called Nimue. "Druids? I'm almost certain I am the last Druid on this continent. They migrated a long time ago... I really feel like I am being given a lot of work just when I've decided to try and relax..." she said with a casual roll of her eyes. Even so, she could at least visit the Druid Homeland. She was still able to do so, and Loch Ness itself had three possible entry points surrounding it. There were also Dryads, though the Druids themselves had moved on the tree folk could still be found if one knew where to look. Still she seemed to be very much in thought, only to push back her hood and approach the man before her a bit more directly. "I can do that... I'll complain about it, but I'll still do it," she said before she reached out to flip his hood back as well. She wondered if this counted as real enough, she wanted a hug.

                              Comment

                              • Bloodedge
                                Aeon
                                • Mar 2016
                                • 14363

                                #240
                                Saved. Arthur wasn't sure how he managed, but his quick thinking paid off in the end. Flirting seemed to be a viable option each time it popped up. Arthur definitely wasn't opposed while Guinevere reciprocated, or at least accepted without issue. Maybe he should have even left the original statement intact? That was worth some consideration, but he thought it was a bit too late. He even kept a firm grip on the young woman's hand, despite her bringing a great deal of attention to the fact that they were still in contact. "Getting better? I'll have you know I'm the smoothest guy around! I'm just holding back because I don't want you fawning over me too much, too soon!" he proclaimed. Yes, that was certainly it. In actuality, Arthur did have the smoothness he spoke of... just not when speaking with his own words. Espionage was one thing, but real human interaction as his natural self was a different sort of demon entirely.

                                Yes, Elyan was doing nothing but his duty as a knight. He wasn't looking out for Emilia specifically, and he certainly wasn't outright concerned about her safety more than he was for the safety of all citizens! He was a knight, tried and true, and that was all there was to it! "That's right! As a knight, I would never show favoritism to any but the one I've sworn myself to!" Of course, Elyan would always conveniently leave out one simple fact. There were two individuals he would willingly swear fealty to, whether they were monarchs or not. Guinevere was naturally one choice, and he once intended to act as her primary knight. Ah, but Emilia could just as easily claim his servitude with nothing more than a few words... provided they weren't words which made him react as he currently was. "And no, it isn't extreme at all! With the temperature in a place like this, it is only comfortable to sleep nude. One would expect the same of you, coming from that forest," he said, not even thinking of how close to the truth he was. "Hmph! Who do you even think you are, questioning how I find comfort when sleeping?"

                                Merlyn was not the only one elated to finally see her twin. The male Merlin was no different, though their mannerisms were sometimes like night and day. Still, he was here not just to see his sister, but to help her along on this arduous journey. "Relax, Koko. There is no rush. Honestly, I'm not even sure when you will need these things. Your journey has been tedious lately, hasn't it? Relax, enjoy the fruits of life, but keep these things in mind." With that said, Merlin was being approached by his female counterpart while she did away with her hood. She reached out to his, and indeed, this meeting of theirs was real enough for her to do away with it as well. However, there was something else to be done. Merlin took the moment to perform a bit of trickery, doing away with both of their hoods and... well, everything. He replaced it in an instant with their natural forms as he remembered them from their original world, clothes and all. His sister always did have an additional edge to her that kept them markedly different; he wished to see those differences. A hug, though? He did approach and open his arms with that very intention, yet his head did not take to one side─ it moved instead directly toward Merlyn's. "H'oh? How about offering some relief as well, Koko? It's been centuries for this form of me, and millennia since we've even seen each other~"

                                Comment

                                Working...