Whatever Iris meant about taking advantage of a more clever individual than oneself was a mystery to Donnie ─ at least in terms of its relevance at the moment. He didn't intend to take advantage of anyone, but... the thought of what would already be in discussion, if not for one blaring issue, did cross his mind a couple of times already. "I don't know about all that... but I got you," he said simply. With that, progress toward the trip was being made once more. It didn't take long to get everyone on the plane. In fact, Crow was already making his way to the cockpit, only to stop upon hearing mention of the bar. Nikki asked if anyone else was interested in a drink. She'd get three responses. "Oy, one here!" said Leon. "Lemme drop this off real quick, and I'm down!" Donnie chimed in. The last response would, of course, be... Crow. "I'll have one of that and a drink to boot, Sheila!"
As they walked down the corridor, Donnie became aware of two things. The first was an additional pair of footsteps trailing behind him, light though they were. The second was... the realization that he was en route to the would-be bedroom of a dangerous individual. Surely she couldn't be that bad, right? Ah, but on second thought... Donnie had seen such behavior from women of all ages, even when he himself was far too young. Lo and behold, Iris's announcement of beds resulted in her offering to 'try it out' with her, a full flop and bounce onto the mattress. By Donnie's approximation, he could manage this situation just fine. "I respect the hustle, but I ain't a National. Law still got me. So where you want this bag?"
As they walked down the corridor, Donnie became aware of two things. The first was an additional pair of footsteps trailing behind him, light though they were. The second was... the realization that he was en route to the would-be bedroom of a dangerous individual. Surely she couldn't be that bad, right? Ah, but on second thought... Donnie had seen such behavior from women of all ages, even when he himself was far too young. Lo and behold, Iris's announcement of beds resulted in her offering to 'try it out' with her, a full flop and bounce onto the mattress. By Donnie's approximation, he could manage this situation just fine. "I respect the hustle, but I ain't a National. Law still got me. So where you want this bag?"
Comment