And so, the two were on their way while Sakura clarified why she wished to know about Charlemagne's friends. The young goddess claimed she had no friends of her own, so she wished to know about his. "Hm. That's a surprisingly dumb thing to hear from the child of a wisdom goddess," he said without much hesitation. In the first part of Sakura's explanation, he already discovered a blaring issue. "You have your own friends. If we don't count as friends now, I have a huge issue with pretty much everything we've done since meeting," he added. "Annie and Astolfo also consider you a friend, I'm sure. If they didn't... they'd have probably said something to me about you being with us."
Soon enough, the pair would be seeing the courtyard in more than just a passing glance. Charlemagne remembered many training sessions, impromptu or otherwise, happening in this very location. Thinking about it now, he realized how very similar Aincrad could have been. "I've trained harder here than I ever did inside Aincrad. A couple of my friends are real monsters in combat, though, so it feels really weird to admit that," he mused absently. Sakura did say she wished to hear about his friends; combat prowess covered at least three of them at a basic level.
Soon enough, the pair would be seeing the courtyard in more than just a passing glance. Charlemagne remembered many training sessions, impromptu or otherwise, happening in this very location. Thinking about it now, he realized how very similar Aincrad could have been. "I've trained harder here than I ever did inside Aincrad. A couple of my friends are real monsters in combat, though, so it feels really weird to admit that," he mused absently. Sakura did say she wished to hear about his friends; combat prowess covered at least three of them at a basic level.
Comment